Fri, Nov 13|
Virtual Patterson Park 5k & Homebrew Contest
In light of COVID-implications on large gatherings and in order to ensure we can plan and execute a solid event, this year's Patterson Park 5k & Homebrew Contest will be a virtual event.
Time & Location
Nov 13, 2020, 6:00 AM – Dec 05, 2020, 9:00 AM
About The Event
The 5K (REGISTER HERE!)
You Choose When:
- Run a 5k (3.1 miles) any date/time between Friday, Nov. 13 and Saturday, Dec. 5 by 9 a.m.
- You can record your results on any day or time within this period, but results must be submitted by 9 a.m. EST on Saturday, Dec. 5.
- To be eligible for raffle prizes and time recognition, time results must be submitted (according to the details below) by Tuesday, Dec. 1st at 11:59 p.m.
- Registration for the race will be open until Friday, Dec. 4.
You Choose Where:
- Design your perfect 5k course from your front door!
- Stick to tradition and run our hilly, challenging course through Patterson Park!
- Treadmill run? Okay!
You Support Students:
- The registration fee is $25 for this race.
- All proceeds will go directly toward fulfilling B More Global’s mission of providing Baltimore's students access to educational experiences abroad to develop, empathetic, action-oriented global citizens who can communicate and connect across a wide variety of cultures.
You Join the Conversation:
- You can expect to hear from other runners, student travelers, members of B More Global, and more during the race window. Post a selfie to @BMoreGlobal.
At the conclusion of the race, a random drawing for all registrants will be held. You can be entered into the raffle prizes up to four times by submitting any combination of the following:
- Submit your race time to Active.com after successfully completing the race
- Post a selfie of you running and tag #BMoreGlobal
- Post about your race experience on our Facebook or Instagram page
- Post your time comparison from any previous year’s race results
This is a timed race. It should go without saying, once you start your run, keep the clock going and do not hit pause under any circumstances. While we will be verifying top times (see below), we all know that virtual races are built on the honor system, so please be a good part of the running community!
Current Course Records: (both happening in 2017) - (Male – Mark McLain - 15:22, Female - Megan DiGregorio - 18:40 (2017)
Results will be collected via Active.com beginning Friday, Nov. 13. You may submit multiple times. If you achieve a faster race time, your best time will be selected.
Time Entry Logistics:
If you would like to be eligible for top placement and/or an award, then you will need one of the following two verification methods:
1. Link to your activity uploaded on Strava, Garmin Connect, or another site that records your run. Be sure to set the run to "public" and set it to “race” mode, so that we can verify it.
2. Take a photo or selfie with your time & distance, if you're using a treadmill or your watch.
Race directors reserve the right to disqualify any participants from top placement or awards, if there are any concerns about the validity of a participant’s time. Please uphold the honor system, folks!
The Homebrew Contest
Registration is not yet active for the homebrew contest, as we do not currently have all of our permits and licenses lined up. Once we have our final permit in hand, registration will be live, and the event will function as follows...
- In light of COVID-implications on large gatherings and in order to ensure we can plan and execute a solid event, there will be no in-person beer garden.
- Logistics will be modified to avoid any large-scale gathering while still allowing our homebrewers to enter their finest brews in our highly competitive event.
- Participants may register for any of the four brew categories (Hops, Malts, Lights, and Specialties) and collect the specified 6-pack(s) through no-contact pick-up to enjoy in the comfort of their own homes, but they will only receive voting rights to the categories for which they’ve registered.
- A virtual "after party" will take place on the afternoon of December 5, at which point votes will be tallied and homebrew winners will be announced.
As many of you know, proceeds from this event will have a lifelong impact on students all across Baltimore City, as B More Global has expanded to serve students at several schools across the city in its mission to grow global citizens in Baltimore. We hope you will join us again in 2020!