Virtual Patterson Park 5k
Time & Location
About The Event
You Choose When:
- Run a 5k (3.1 miles) any date/time between Friday, Nov. 13 and 9 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 5.
- You can record your results on any day or time within this period, but results must be submitted by 9 a.m. EST on Saturday, Dec. 5.
- To be eligible for raffle prizes and time recognition, time results must be submitted (according to the details below) by Tuesday, Dec. 1st at 11:59 p.m.
- Registration for the race will be open until Friday, Dec. 4.
You Choose Where:
- Design your perfect 5k course from your front door!
- Stick to tradition and run our hilly, challenging course through Patterson Park!
- Treadmill run? Okay!
You Support Students:
- The registration fee is $25 for this race.
- All proceeds will go directly toward fulfilling B More Global’s mission of providing Baltimore's students access to educational experiences abroad to develop, empathetic, action-oriented global citizens who can communicate and connect across a wide variety of cultures.
You Win Prizes:
- At the conclusion of the race, a random drawing for all registrants will be held. You can be entered into the raffle prizes up to four times by submitting any combination of the following:
- Submit your race time to Active.com after successfully completing the race
- Post a selfie of you running and tag #BMoreGlobal
- Post about your race experience on our Facebook or Instagram page
- Post your time comparison from any previous year’s race results
You Track Your Time:
- This is a timed race. It should go without saying, once you start your run, keep the clock going and do not hit pause under any circumstances. While we will be verifying top times (see below), we all know that virtual races are built on the honor system, so please be a good part of the running community!
- Current Course Records: (both happening in 2017) - (Male – Mark McLain - 15:22, Female - Megan DiGregorio - 18:40 (2017)
- If you would like to be eligible for top placement and/or an award, then you will need one of the following two verification methods:
- Link to your activity uploaded on Strava, Garmin Connect, or another site that records your run. Be sure to set the run to "public" and set it to “race” mode, so that we can verify it; OR
- Take a photo or selfie with your time & distance, if you're using a treadmill or your watch.
- Race directors reserve the right to disqualify any participants from top placement or awards, if there are any concerns about the validity of a participant’s time. Please uphold the honor system, folks!
- Results will be collected via Active.com beginning Friday, Nov. 13. You may submit multiple times. If you achieve a faster race time, your best time will be selected.
You Join the Conversation:
- You can expect to hear from other runners, student travelers, members of B More Global, and more during the race window. Post a selfie to @BMoreGlobal.
As many of you know, proceeds from this event will have a lifelong impact on students all across Baltimore City, as B More Global has expanded to serve students at several schools across the city in its mission to grow global citizens in Baltimore. We hope you will join us again in 2020!